- submit documentation to us in connection with the Services, including (without limitation) a tenancy application or managing agency agreement;
- provide us with (or instruct us to create) photos, illustrations, text, video, still images, audio, interactive virtual tours and schematic floor plans or other material of a real estate property;
- contact and interact with us independently of our website, such as contacting us by email, phone or in person;
- participate in activities or offers, including any of our online competitions or promotions;
- access any of our Services through a social network site;
- submit information to us as part of an employment opportunity;
- consent to the sharing of your personal information with us through a related body corporate, service provider or third-party (Stakeholders); and
- when you provide us with feedback or make a complaint.
We don't collect information for the sake of it. All the information we gather has a specific purpose. Those purposes are identified below under " How do we use your personal information?". For example, by completing a web-form, we are able to respond to your rental application and advise you if there are any additional services that may assist you during a relocation. Any information that we receive from Stakeholders is used to provide a better or more relevant service or product to you
- to check your eligibility for the Services;
- to provide and personalise the Services to you;
- to establish, maintain and administer your account and/or profile with us;
- to process and respond to an application or maintenance request in connection with the Services;
- to facilitate communications between you and us or a Stakeholder that you have requested contact with. Examples (without limitation) include propper Pty Ltd, buyers or vendors of real estate property, credit providers or their intermediaries etc;
- to understand, diagnose, troubleshoot and fix issues with the Services;
- to evaluate and develop new content, features, technologies and improvements to the Services;
- to develop, administer and enhance the algorithms, functionality and performance of the Services;
- to process payments and for invoicing generally;
- for quality assurance and training purposes;
- to conduct business planning, reporting and forecasting;
- for disclosure to debt collection agencies to recover any amounts you owe to us;
- to satisfy legal obligations which may arise from agreements or contracts entered into, including (without limitation) the management and marketing of real estate interests, compliance with law enforcement requests, taking appropriate action with respect to reports of intellectual property infringement and inappropriate content etc.;
- in the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure;
- to conduct verifications of profiles, checking credentials, monitoring and reporting as reported under the relevant propper Maintenance terms and conditions or under any applicable laws;
- to host, publish, post, share, store or upload photos, illustrations, text, video, still images, audio, interactive virtual tours and schematic floor plans or other material of a real estate property on our platform and with our Stakeholders;
- to nurture and verify your data profile by combining your personal information with information we have collected from other sources in order to generate and report analytics, insights and research (including without limitation, your propensity to buy or sell property) to and for our Stakeholders;
- to generate and report aggregate statistics to advertisers and Stakeholders;
- to communicate with you in relation to the Services, including without limitation, notifying you of changes, surveys and information about security updates;
- to create or distribute advertising and marketing material that is relevant to you, including material relevant to our Stakeholders;
- to generate and provide stories, commentary, and property profiles or descriptions (including without limitation, the sharing of feedback or reviews, photos or other personal information) which may be accessible through the Services, associated websites and/or social media channels; and
- any other uses identified at the time of collecting your personal information.
- tradesman, landlords, tenants;
- any related entity of propper Maintenance;
- third-party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide a service such as (but not limited to), payroll, superannuation administration, IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors and credit, reference and criminal history checking agencies;
- our Stakeholders with whom we have a commercial relationship or who jointly with us, provide products or services to you, or with whom we partner to provide products or services to you;
- any applicable or relevant regulator, government agency or third party for the purpose of legislative or contractual compliance and/or reporting;
- professional advisors such as our financial advisers, legal advisers and auditors;
- your representatives (including your legal adviser, accountant, mortgage broker, financial adviser, executor, administrator, guardian, trustee, or attorney) or
- other entities if you have given your express consent.
We may receive information about you from:
- OpenAgent Group companies (our related bodies corporate);
- your representatives (including employers), upon authorisation from you;
- public registers or other publicly available sources of information;
- our contracted service providers (for example, tradesman, website server hosts, IT and HR management and resourcing);
- other Stakeholders who collaborate with us to provide products and services to you;
- third-party websites, applications or platforms that interface with our own websites and applications (for example, customer relationship management providers);
- social media platforms when you publicly comment, interact with us or send us a private message (for example, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram); and
- digital tracking tools (for example, cookies).
- you authorise us to collect any personal information (whether written or verbal) from any referee or previous employer specified in your application for employment or curriculum vitae for evaluation of your application for
- employment and to hold such information on your personal file for future evaluation of your employment by us.
- you acknowledge that we collect your personal information for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment and, should you accept employment with us, the assessment of your continued employment by us and the administration by us of your remuneration and any PAYE obligations.
- You acknowledge that a failure by you to provide the requested personal information will have a detrimental effect on our ability to give your application proper consideration. You can request to access and/or correct your personal information in accordance with this policy.
- if an extended amount of time is required to collate and prepare material for you; and
- if you wish to have your files photocopied for you.
We have a variety of appropriate security measures to protect the security of your personal information both online and offline. These measures vary based on the sensitivity of the personal information we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. It includes physical and electronic measures. Although we aim to create a safe, secure environment, we cannot guarantee that unauthorised parties will not gain access but will notify you regarding eligible data breaches if they are likely to or do impact you.
If you have a specific concern or request about your data, please contact us on the details provided below.
In simple terms, if:
- there is unauthorised access to or unauthorised disclosure of personal information, or a loss of personal information, that propper Maintenance holds; and
- this is likely to result in serious harm to one or more individuals; and
- we have not been able to prevent the likely risk of serious harm with remedial action,
There is a broad scope of activities that would be considered unauthorised access, unauthorised disclosure or loss of personal information. Some examples include:
- a third-party hacking our systems or databases;
- a person browsing customer records without any legitimate or authorised purpose;
- a laptop containing personal information is stolen or lost;
- a person sends an email containing personal information to the contact.
The NDB scheme ensures that as an organisation, we are accountable for your privacy protection. The notification process is important for building a relationship of trust and transparency. In addition, by keeping you notified, you’re better able to take steps to mitigate harm, such as changing passwords or being alert to phishing emails or scams. In the interim, We would also be taking steps to remediate the breach and will keep you advised on our progress, including the security measures being undertaken.
Please “Contact Us” on the details provided below if you have any questions about this.
- copies of your data and how we are using it;
- details of how long the data will be stored; and
- information about whom the data may be disclosed to.
We will only collect and store your data if you have provided express consent; and if the provision of your personal data is necessary for the performance of an agreement between yourself and propper Maintenance and/or for any pre-contractual obligations. We may also collect your data to comply with legal obligations to which propper Maintenance is subject; and if the processing of your data is related to a matter in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in propper Maintenance. If we are obliged to retain your personal data for a longer period due to the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority, we will comply with our obligations and inform you as such. Please note, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data. If processing occurs for legitimate business interests, you will need to provide us with grounds justifying your objection. If we are processing your personal data for direct marketing relating to propper, you can object without any justification. Your personal data will only be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose for which it has been collected for. Following withdrawal of consent, or where there is no legitimate need for your personal data, we will delete it. Under the GDPR, you can also request information about whether we are transferring any of your personal data to another country; or an international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries. You can also elect to have your personal data transmitted to another controller if your personal data is being processed by automated means and if the processing is based on your contracted consent. You can contact us to learn about the security measures taken by propper Maintenance to safeguard your data on the “Contact Us” details provided below.
Please contact us immediately if you become aware of or have reason to suspect any breach of security, including unauthorised use of your account or handling of your personal information.
You can also contact us via the contact details provided below if you want to:
- request further information about the way we collect, handle, manage and secure your personal information;
- request access to or update your personal information held by us;
- limit our use and disclosure of your personal information;
- inform us about any suspected or known unauthorised use of your account by anyone else;
- unsubscribe from any propper Maintenance mailing list or flag with us concerns about any communications that you may have received or are concerned about;
- ask us any other questions or raise a complaint.
Our contact details:
- 2/36 Wyndham Street, Alexandria, NSW 2015;
- Telephone: 1300 622 751;
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org